Monday, January 30, 2006

Procrastination is the spice of life!

I was told by a good friend that consistency is the key to any good Steve (my code word for blog from the 1st post). Unfortunately, the consistency of my work so far is in need of some proverbial fiber in it's diet; it is severely lacking.

Right now, it's 12:03 a.m. and I am still up doing homework (of sorts) that most likely should have been done earlier this weekend. However, due to what many consider my finest skill, procrastination, I have put it off until the very last second and now suffer the doldrums of insomnia as I plug through the task editing of a 30 page paper that was not written by me.

In fact, according to what I can remember from my day planner, which was strategically placed under the driver's seat of my car, there is something like 5 things I was supposed to attend to this weekend; none of which was done. So much for good intentions.

You are probably asking yourself, "If I had a million dollars, would I do two chicks at the same time?" If you aren't thinking that then you might be wondering whether or not you should pour that expired milk over your delicious bowl of frosted Lucky Charms. On the whim that you are asking: Why the hell are you updating your Steve if you are so far behind? The answer is simple: baby steps.

When you have a huge list of crap to do and you aren't sure where to start - I say, screw around on the internet. What better place is there to waste time, continuing the trend of not getting things done? Plus, there is something to be said for consistency (remember?). I haven't gotten much done yet this weekend, why start now? - Other than the fact that it's technically Monday. But my clock is temporarily set to California time. By this logic, the work week doesn't begin for another two hours!

0 comments: